Stakeholder Meeting – 4th February 2016
We held our most recent event on the 4th Feb at the new Social Enterprise Hub (the Circle). An interesting session with updates from Dundee and wider afield, that broadly touched on what could be loosely termed ‘Social Innovation’:
- – Mark from SDS Scotland giving a national perspective on how Self Directed Support is changing people’s lives – and also how it aligns so well with social enterprise
- – Charles updated us on the new home support service that has been developed in Angus, called ‘Care About Angus’
- – Olivia updated us on the Home Straight and their services that help older people to remain in their own homes.
- – Joyce from Growbiz also gave us an update on the new Health & Wellbeing Cooperative that has formed in Perthshire. This Cooperative is a response to some of the challenges of providing Health & Wellbeing services in rural Perthshire and it also allows small/micro enterprises to more effectively engage in this ‘market’
- – Sian from WEvolution told us of their work in supporting the development of Self Reliant Groups, which allow people to find real grass roots solutions to local issues. See WEvolution video
- – Adele updated us on the various work strands that they are taking forward in terms of making SDS more accessible throughout Dundee. Check out John’s story and the difference that receiving has direct payment has had on his life Digital Stories
We also held a workshop session that looked to plan 3 test of change projects that will offer alternatives types of provision in terms of health & wellbeing – these are centred around arts; sports & exercise and growing & environmental activities. We hope to facilitate these projects by accessing funding from the H&SCI Small Grants Fund.
Please click on the links below to view two of the presentations that were given at this event:
Creating More Choice and Doing Things Differently
Social Innovation and Self Directed Support
For more information on Self Directed Support
07938 123 917
Health & Social Care Bulletin May 2016